Bertha Scholarships 2018/2019 for Africans to Study in South Africa
Apply for the ongoing UCT Bertha Scholarships in Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship for African Students. Interested and qualified students should follow the full guideline below to apply for the scholarship.
Bertha Scholarships 2018
The Bertha Centre for Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship was established as a specialised unit at the UCT Graduate School of Business (GSB) in 2011, in partnership with Bertha Foundation, a family foundation that works with inspiring leaders who are catalysts for social and economic change.
Through this partnership, the GSB strengthens its commitment to transformation and equality and UCT’s strategic goal to address key development challenges facing Africa.
University of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business offers Bertha Centre scholarship for African students to study courses that advance social justice, innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa.
Graduate School of Business, University of Cape Town, South Africa
Eligible Fields of Study:
The scholarship covers a wide variety of programmes at the UCT Graduate School of Business.
These include the MBA [both full-time and the modular program], the MPhil in Inclusive Innovation, and PhD programs. Eligible fields also include candidates committed to advancing social justice and opportunities through social innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Bertha Centre Scholarship covers full or partial costs.
How do I know if I’m eligible for UCT Bertha Scholarships?
The Bertha Centre scholarships are open to innovators, entrepreneurs, out-of-the-box thinkers, system-entrepreneurs, change-makers, social activists and cross-disciplinary candidates from any field provided they are actively involved in the exploration of social, environmental and/or economic justice using innovative approaches.
You are eligible for a Bertha Scholarship:
- if you meet the admission requirements of the university for your selected course of study.
- if you are an African citizen or permanent resident.
- if you are an entrepreneur who has started or worked with a social/green/entrepreneurial innovative idea that seeks social and/or economic change.
- if you are an intrapreneur who has worked on advancing social justice and pioneering inclusive opportunities through social innovation within an organisation.
- if you demonstrate strong leadership qualities within your field.
How to Apply for the Scholarship:
Candidate must first be eligible, comply with and apply for the MBA or MPhil programmes entrance requirements at the UCT Graduate School of Business.
- Submit your MBA or MPhil in Inclusive Innovation programme application before the respective deadlines to the GSB.
- Submit the GSB Scholarship Application Form which should include:
- Your UCT GSB application number received from the GSB Admissions Office
- Your contact details and your CV uploaded.
- Your answers to the three essay questions, which shows how the degree programme at this stage in your career will help to accelerate impact in your area of work/interest and how it will contribute to society as a whole.
- Your short [no longer than four minute] video.
- In the choice of scholarship on the application form, remember to select the option for Focus on Social Innovation & Social Entrepreneurship (Bertha Scholarship).
31st October 2018.
- Candidate will only be able to take up the Bertha Centre Scholarship if you are successfully admitted to the UCT GSB MBA, MPhil or PhD programmes.
- Candidate’s submission will be assessed and the Bertha Centre will contact you only if you have been selected for an interview with the scholarship selection panel.
For Latest Scholarships Check Our ===> Scholarships Category