JOB TITLE: Business Manager
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- Formulating and successfully implementing company policy;
- Ensure that defined corporate objectives are pursued;
- Directing strategy towards the profitable growth and operation of the company;
- Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board;
- Ensure that Company meets its corporate, statutory and fiscal obligations
- Reporting to the Managing Director on regular basis;
- Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
- Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
- Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
- Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the Managing Director of significant changes;
- Maintaining the operational performance of the company;
- Assuming full accountability to the Managing Director for all company operations;
- Representing the company to major customers and professional associations;
- Building and maintaining an effective executive team;
- Look for opportunities for the expansion of the organisation;
- Perform other duties as required.
Competency RequirementsThe Prospective candidates must demonstrate: Excellent communication Skills Sound organizational Skills Process and result oriented, self-starter, with good analytical skills and leadership Skills Networking Skills Product Knowledge Feedback &Reporting skills Management skillsstrong knowledge of microsoft application.JOB SPECIFICATIONEDUCATION: A Degree in Business administration, Economics, Marketing , MBA would be a big plus.Experience
- 10 – 12 years cognate experience in an FMCG sector
- Strong FMCG Experience of atleast 10 years.
- Success in a senior leadership role within a large scale environment (preferably in a pharmaceutical company).
- Strong production, sales and distribution background.
READ ALSO; U.S. Embassy Recruitment March 2018 | Application Method
Personal Qualities Motivational but also challenging Highly developed leadership and general management skills A strong lateral thinker whose natural default is to create and/or encourage innovative solutions to challenges and problems Keen intellect and strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and pursue solutions swiftly Energetic, enthusiastic and a measured risk-taker An effective and authentic communicator, both orally and with the written word.