Under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Administration & Finance, the Administrative & Human Resources Associate provides support to office operations performing a variety of standard administrative processes ensuring high quality and accuracy of work. The Administrative & Human Resources Associate promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach.
The Administrative & Human Resources Associate works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in the CO and other UN agencies staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Summary Of Key Functions
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the administrative unit
- Support to administrative and Human Resources services
- Support to the office all the staff travels in OCHA online system
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/UNOCHA rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provision of inputs to preparation of administrative team results-oriented workplans.
- Ensure that all human resources systems and processes, including local staff recruitment, monitoring of personnel, performance evaluations, staff development, leave, compensation and benefits, separation process, etc. are managed and monitored efficiently as per UNOCHA staff rules
Ensures effective and efficient functioning of Human Resources unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensure that all employees are aware of existing policies and procedures and abide by those policies;
- Assist the Admin & Fin Officer to implement human resources policies, procedures and initiatives , provide feedback and expertise to human resources functions in the development and deployment of policies and procedures ,and brief staff on new policies when they are introduced;
- Ensure human resources related operations manuals are kept up to date and accurate
- Record and maintain the strict confidentiality of all staff personnel activities and issues
- Including employment documents, evaluations, exit interviews, disciplinary procedures, etc.
- Maintains the attendance records of all staff at the office; assists all staff for the submission of leave requests.
- Assists the Administrative & Finance Officer for recruitment process and other HR related tasks.
Ensures effective administrative travel support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, processing requests for identity cards and other documents.
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats if needed
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services.
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports.
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit.
- Assistance in the preparation of travel budget, provision of information for audit.
- Support to all staff for submission of travel request, travel claims in OCHA online system
- Support as a backup person for Low Value Procurement
Provides support to office maintenance and assets management, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports.
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
Support knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Performs any other tasks assigned by the supervisor and/or the Head of Office.
Impact of Results
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the image of UN/UNOCHA as an effective contributor to the development of the country.
READ ALSO; International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment February 2018 | Apply For ICRC Jobs
Building Strategic Partnerships
- Maintaining information and databases
- Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives
Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing
- Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise
- Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
Design and Implementation of Management Systems
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management
- Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Required Skills and Experience
- High School Certificate. Certification in administration and Human Resources is desirable
- 7 years of relevant experience in administration, human resources or programme support service.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant Information About UNDP Rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Click here to Apply
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
That’s all on United Nations Development Programme Recruitment (undp) 2018, don’t forget to share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus.